A thyroidectomy is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of all or part of the thyroid gland. The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland located at the front of your neck. It produces hormones that regulate your body’s metabolism, from your heart rate to how quickly you burn calories. Thyroidectomy is performed to treat thyroid disorders such as cancer, noncancerous enlargement of the thyroid (goiter), and overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism).
The use of SurgSci’s ultrasonic scalpel in thyroidectomy has several advantages:
1. Reduced operative time: The use of the ultrasonic scalpel can significantly reduce the time taken to perform the surgery.
2. Decreased postoperative pain: Patients who undergo surgery with an ultrasonic scalpel often report less pain after the operation.
3. Lower drainage volume: The use of an ultrasonic scalpel can reduce the amount of fluid that needs to be drained after surgery.
4. Prevention of transient hypocalcemia: Transient hypocalcemia, or low calcium levels in the blood after surgery, is less likely to occur when an ultrasonic scalpel is used.
5. Less instrument traffic: The ultrasonic scalpel can perform vessel sealing and tissue cutting simultaneously, reducing the need for multiple instruments.
6. Low smoke generation: The ultrasonic scalpel generates less smoke than other instruments, improving visibility during surgery.
7. Reduced lateral thermal spread and less charring: The temperature generated by the ultrasonic scalpel ranges from 50°C to 300°C, which reduces the lateral thermal spread and results in less charring.
8. Preservation of parathyroid glands: The use of an ultrasonic scalpel may facilitate dissection of the parathyroid glands in a plane farther away from the parathyroid gland capsule, thus reducing the chance of damaging their blood supply.
Surgsci Medical Ltd. aims to improve people's health and quality of life. We adhere to the mission of independent research and development, popularize minimally invasive medical technology, and share high-quality humanistic care. Through clinical practice, we innovate in technology to benefit patients, medical staff, and medical institutions. We provide holistic innovative solutions for hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal surgery, ENT surgery, colorectal surgery, bariatric surgery, oncology, urology, thoracic surgery, women's and children's surgery, neurosurgery, etc. We are in Shenzhen, Guangdong. Founded in 2017, Surgsci is a national high-tech enterprise, focusing on the innovation for smart consumables for minimally invasive surgery. We are specialized in the production of laparoscopic surgical instruments, including disposable laparoscopic trocars and ultrasonic scalpels etc. We own two factories in Pingshan and Bao’an District, a total of about 1500 square meters of R&D office and 4000 square meters of GMP clean workshop with ISO13485. We integrate design, R&D, manufacturing, and sales. At present, we have more than 40 authorized patents at home and abroad. The products have obtained CE & FDA and are sold to nearly 30 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. We Provide high quality OEM and ODM services which are recognized and favored by our customers. Looking forward to your inquiry and cooperation.