Contact Person : Chao
Phone Number : +8615826764336
WhatsApp : +8615826764336
November 8, 2022
Castration (ie neutering) of male cats is a procedure commonly performed by veterinarians. A simple description of male cat neutering is removal of the testicle from the scrotum and simultaneous ligation of the spermatic cord and testicular artery and vein.
Neutering can make male cats sterile and correct a range of undesirable behaviors caused by male hormones, such as urinating and howling.
1. Firstly inject sedation and anesthesia into the cat and wait for it to ‘fall asleep’, then insert a catheter into the mouth to allow the cat to inhale anesthesia through spontaneous breathing.
2. Clip and disinfect the scrotum and surrounding skin.
Cover the surgical area with a sterile cloth and prepare the surgical instruments (curved hemostats, sharp scissors, and tissue forceps), and the surgery can begin.
3. A small incision is made on the ventral side of the scrotum to expose the testicle. During the process, the veterinarian needs to hold the scrotum with the left hand to keep the skin that wraps the testicle taut and use the scalpel in the right hand to operate.
4. Remove the first testicle from the scrotum, ligate the spermatic cord and blood vessels, and remove the testicle.
5. Use absorbable thread for ligation. After ligation, observe whether there is bleeding, and put it back into the cat’s body after confirming that there is no problem. In the same way, remove the testicle on the other side.
6. Finally, check the wound, close the skin, apply iodine or iodine tincture for disinfection. Generally, the scrotum is not sutured, and it will slowly shrink in the end. However, for the large wound, it can be deal with accordingly, and may choose to use surgical glue or other methods.
Surgsci Medical Ltd. aims to improve people's health and quality of life. We adhere to the mission of independent research and development, popularize minimally invasive medical technology, and share high-quality humanistic care. Through clinical practice, we innovate in technology to benefit patients, medical staff, and medical institutions. We provide holistic innovative solutions for hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal surgery, ENT surgery, colorectal surgery, bariatric surgery, oncology, urology, thoracic surgery, women's and children's surgery, neurosurgery, etc. We are in Shenzhen, Guangdong. Founded in 2017, Surgsci is a national high-tech enterprise, focusing on the innovation for smart consumables for minimally invasive surgery. We are specialized in the production of laparoscopic surgical instruments, including disposable laparoscopic trocars and ultrasonic scalpels etc. We own two factories in Pingshan and Bao’an District, a total of about 1500 square meters of R&D office and 4000 square meters of GMP clean workshop with ISO13485. We integrate design, R&D, manufacturing, and sales. At present, we have more than 40 authorized patents at home and abroad. The products have obtained CE & FDA and are sold to nearly 30 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and South America. We Provide high quality OEM and ODM services which are recognized and favored by our customers. Looking forward to your inquiry and cooperation.